Rear shock rebuilder

Greetings

This is an alternative rebuilder to Apple. Quoted me 139.00 per if you send good core. Approx half price of competitor. Seemed very credible when I called. Worth a shot! 1-609-462-7412. Good luck, Greg

Apple sleeved my master cylinder a few years ago and they have been doing a lot of Rolls-Royce parts for a friend's shop. Fast and knowledgeable.

I like to disconnect the lever shocks and use a squirt oil gun to fill then through the plug hole. I actuate the level while I fill. They usually pump up and work fine. If there is a little leakage at the shaft you can try wrapping some cotton string around the shaft close to the opening. It can absorb the fluid and help seal it.

I wouldn't rule out pulling the upper outer pin and trying to revive a pair of front shocks the same way.

Bernie

• Like 1

On 5/24/2016 at 11:37 PM, buick man said:

Is he only doing knee shocks like I believe Apple does or can he rebuild OEM tube hydraulic shocks as well ?  That would be a find so one could keep the ride stock without going the harsh gas shock route.

You would have to contact to find out about tube shocks, as I never inquired about those. Wish there was a place to actually discuss vender credibility, as someone's actual experience is very valuable toward making a decision of who to bet hard earned money with! I'm only going to say I'm happy I found an alternative knee action shock rebuilder and I'm not the only one. Prolley a low percentage of negative, but if your the percentage. Just sayin'. Maybe just hopeful/wishful thinkin'!