touring car inspection

Joe in Canada

How many AACA regions or clubs do an inspection on members cars yearly? How thorough of an inspection if one is done, like jacking up the car to inspect front end for example. I am with several clubs and with ACCCC we mostly find a burnt out bulb or they forgot their fire extinguisher. Couple of years ago found a steering box that had its mounting screws ready to fall out and the fellow did not have a clue about it. My thoughts are it is a very good program as all old car people are not gifted mechanics. With the AACA region I am with it is been tabled and discussed but chosen not to do it. Several different clubs in my area do touring inspection and recognise each others inspections as you can not participate unless you do.  

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

I often have friends (with similar antique autos to mine) drive my cars and note if something seems amiss to them. Extra eyes, ears and hands can help diagnose even slight issues. Our local Mod l A club offers a day of inspections and diagnosis to members every spring. A VERY good idea and program.

The NSRA offers a FREE 23 point safety inspection at their national shows.  I've done it with antique cars and others who I see on AACA tours also show the NSRA Safety 23 Inspection sticker on their cars.  (Probably loose points with judges, but gain points  with me)