vcca

Is someone stepping on your turf again fordee9er? <BR>The man asked a simple question and received help. That's all that matters. Who cares where he asked it. Let them alone!

I must admit, I got excited when I saw that the Editor section had a new post. I'm glad that the person posing the question got an answer, but disappointed that it wasn't on topic. smile.gif" border="0 <P>Oh, well, maybe next time....<P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region<p>[ 09-20-2001: Message edited by: JanK ]

Hey Old Grime,<P>Sorry, it's not "my turf"! rolleyes.gif" border="0 I just thought his post might have gotten more replies on the "General" section of the forum.<P>As an Editor, like JanK, I too was interested in another thread of interest primarily to other Editors but instead found a thread of general interest. frown.gif" border="0 <P>By the way, I also think for sale items and tech questions will receive better responses if posted in their respective categories but if you unregistered users want to post them in the Editor's category feel free to do so. It's a free forum! grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0

I agree with you randjflo60. <BR>I really thought the bottom line on this forum was to help fellow hobbiest. Who the heck cares when, how or where he gets it on here as long as he got it and thanks to you and in Judy's attempt, he did. I also see that Mr. Ward is fairly new to the forum. There's no reason in trying to make him feel bad for asking a question in the wrong place. But then again, what is wrong with asking a question about a web site in a area marked WEB or asking some web site editors that may know? I just thought it was a improper posting by fordee9er towards Mr. Ward as I do also in his saying about unregistered users talking about other issues on this section for editors. <P> By the way fordee9er, I could not find one single For Sale item or Tech Question listed on your Editors section here. Maybe you should ask Peter to put up a red flashing warning sign on here so you're not bothered again by others.

Hey Old Grime,<P>If you want to make this confrontational, knock yourself out because I don't want any part of it! mad.gif" border="0 <P>Maybe my understanding of the AACA DF is wrong, but here's how I understand it... "Buy/Sell" is where you post items you are looking for or have to sell. "Tech Questions" is the category where you post questions of a technical nature. "Judging" is where questions are asked concerning judging at AACA Meets. The "Editors" category is items of interest to web & print AACA Editors. "Legislation" is for the discussion of legal matters that affect the old car hobby. If your question or comment doesn't fit in one of these pigeon holes, there is the very popular "GENERAL" category. It is so popular that it is the FIRST category on the DF! grin.gif" border="0 <P>If I am so mentally deficient that my understandings are all wrong, I hope Peter G will step in and enlighten all of us. I think Peter did a great job of laying out this forum and he must have had a reason for dividing it into categories. rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>If it doesn't matter WHERE you post your question or comment, for God's sake Peter, why did you go to all the trouble of creating categories? confused.gif" border="0 <P>Sorry "Old Grime" if you feel that the "Editor's" category is there for MY use only. frown.gif" border="0 Apparently you have a lot of pent up anger that you just can't wait to unleash on someone. frown.gif" border="0 I hope life improves for you in the near future. wink.gif" border="0

You just don't get it, do you?<P> Let the Moderaters police this forum. Not You!<P> You lost me with all this other stuff<P> Enough! (this is like talking to a wall)

I guess I am dense here too. Here is fordee9r's original post in full:<blockquote>OK, I'll bite.....<br><br>What's this post got to do with AACA Editors (Web & Print)?</blockquote><P>I interpreted this to be a slightly humorous note that the post might have drawn more attention and been faster answered if it were placed in a more appropriate forum.<P>I behooves the poster as well as the forum if the post is in the most appropriate place possible. Every thing just runs smoother that way.<P>Sure, post where ever you want. No law against it.<P>But if you ask about X in a forum dedicated to Y you may not get a good answer if you get an answer at all. In this case the original query got a good answer. Just goes to show you can get lucky.

Would everybody please relax!!<P>All I am suggesting is: maybe we need a section for general stuff that is not listed under AACA or any of the other individual club headings. This section could be used for general bs'ing, politics, KK discussions, questions that fall under no specific heading, etc.<P>Again just a thought so please stay calm. smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

I figured general questions would fall into the catagory of General Forum. But then a again sometimes I've been know to be too logical. rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>When I saw this post here my reaction was like fordee9r's. I was asking myself why this was posted here. It definately would have been seen by more under the general fourm. <P>Old Grime, fordee9r said "By the way, I also think for sale items and tech questions will receive better responses if posted in their respective categories but if you unregistered users want to post them in the Editor's category feel free to do so. It's a free forum!" Key word there is THINK. shocked.gif" border="0 He didn't say there was that stuff posted here. My question to you is who is policing who? You had to go check for facts of postings based on a general <B>opinion</B> made by someone didn't you? As mater of fact at this time there is a posting of an alignment tool for sale on the editors fourm. Most of the time fourms works the best when things are posted in correct places. Hopefully I can clear up the "other stuff".<P>AACA - General Forum = General Questions/does not fit catagories below.<BR> <BR>AACA - Buy/Sell = want to buy/want to sell something.<BR> <BR>AACA - Tech Questions = How do I do something? / this is how.<P>AACA - Judging = About Judging in AACA.<BR> <BR>AACA - Editors (Web&Print) = Editors ideas (for webmasters(web) & newsletter(print)).<P>I didn't think that was too hard to figure out. I know there are posts about things like KKs, etc. that is because there are a good number of us that know each other on a personal basis through AACA. FYI, HVS who we kid alot about the KKs is one of AACA's Past Presidents. There a number of us that have also met becuase of this fourm and started new friendships.<p>[ 09-21-2001: Message edited by: novaman ]

Actually, there is no place on here to post a question such as this. This question is not AACA related or related to any of the other forums on this site. So, where would this type of question be posted? This type of question has merit in being posted since many of us are members of other clubs too. Do we need a forum for general miscelaneous questions like this? This is just a thought and not meant to be derogitory to the site as it IS an excellent site. <P>Thanks smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

If there is one drawback to email and DF's, it's that people aren't always able to determine your tone of voice. I've seen it happen more than once -- someone cracks wise, or answers a bit sarcastically, and someone else misses the joke or overreacts to something not intended to be taken seriously. Yes, the little "graemlins" help, but only to a point. <P>When it doubt, it wouldn't hurt to ask for clarification of a comment before assuming the worst of the poster or sender.<P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region