Speedo Advice Needed

Guest thlsccs

Guest thlsccs

I own a 35 Ford and need a new speedometer. I've been looking at GPS speedometers. Does anyone have any advice as to whether or not I should go the GPS route and any advice on speedometer manufacturers... Please Help

Guest thlsccs

Have you tried Bob's Speedometer Service for help? They are located in Howell MI. Phone 800-592-9673. Web is BobsSpeedometer.com.

Terry

Thank you Terry.. We did check out the website.. We were not looking to have our speedometer repaired, but rather to purchase one. We were just hoping to find some car guys that have replaced theirs and get some opinions.. We have recently gone to multiple websites checking out the options. We have never used a GPS speedometer and were wondering if any one had and what their thoughts were on the product.. Appreciate your help.. Checking Bob's for pricing, variety, etc..

Jack is correct.  You can download a free app for that.  I downloaded one once when I wanted to check the accuracy of the speedometer in my 63 Impala.  At below 30mph, it was fine, 30-50 was off by 5mph, above 50mph, was 10mph off.  No wonder when I was doing the 70mph speed limit I was being passed like I was standing still.

At a true 70mph, the 283 with the Power Glide was just humming.  Felt like a piston was going to come out through the hood.