1963-65 Riviera Factory AM/FM Radio?

Jolly_John

28 minutes ago, Sleep said:

I've got a little over 2000 cd's and somewhere in the neighborhood of 3100 or so records. Those are 33 1/3. I have less than 100 45's. I wouldn't seriously consider running a turntable in my rivi.

Got me beat that's for sure. More often than not lately, I pick a genre on Sirius XM, or an artist on Pandora and sync it to my radio.  ANYTHING to get away from commercial radio. At home, I do have a 5 disc CD player hooked to my component unit. I don't like interruptions that require changing LP's or flipping cassettes.

• Like 1

Flipping LP's is serious "work." It is SO liberating to play a whole CD. The satellite radio is very cool. My brother and my Dad use it. I love riding with them and tuning in to some stations from the 40's or something. I just can't bring myself to give up the "hard copy" approach. I like liner notes and album art. I like reading who the artists thank. Sorry, guess this is pretty off topic now.

• 3 years later...

Hi, Phil. I just realized my reply above might have sounded a little snippy! Didn't mean to do that. Sometimes I goof up, when entering a guy's email address, so I thought I'd ask if you received that email.. 

Welcome to the BUICK forums, Phil. I know the gang here will help you with your '65 Wildcat, in every way they can.  John

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2017 at 5:47 PM, RivNut said:

I don't like interruptions that require changing LP's or flipping cassettes.

Ed, I make play lists from Apple Music for exactly what I want to hear for play back. The music is loaded to my MP3 player. I had my Sonomatic original AM radio fitted and wired to play my MP3 play list through my 10 ohm rear speaker that is an upgrade from the original speaker. The replacement speaker is the same physical size as the original. Bass and treble response has been improved in the speaker and radio, The sound is not like that in today’s cars. The sound in my Riv is just fine with my play list. Every song I hear I like.

Of course, I don’t know every good song there is, but I know many. There are many great groups I don’t have on my list, like The Beach Boys or the Beatles. Just a matter of taste.

Turbinator