1916 Buick D-55 Touring – Vintage Car Auction in Eureka Kansas

SpecialEducation

DSC_0001-1.jpg

Auctioneer states the VIN as 193205

http://www.sundgren.com/vintage-cars-trucks-carriage-and-antiques-eureka-kansas/

My dad would be all over this, but I need to dispose of some parts cars before making any new acquisitions because we are spilling into the street.  

I have an obligation in Oklahoma City that day, or I'd probably go just to see what it sells for...

• Like 1

The D-55 Buick brought $21,000.00 plus a 3% buyers premium.  Gregg Lange is going to find out on Monday who the new owner is and where the car will be going.  He keeps a pretty detailed roster of the known D-55's and D-54's.  I sure would like to know where the people who are always saying that the values on the OLD cars are way down are getting their information from.  I sure didn't see it here.  This car was a way back restoration that was still presentable and would be considered a '40-footer'.  I spoke with Gregg earlier in the week and asked him if he knew if the car still ran.  He was unsure.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 1

Guest camaroguy

I bought it for a client. It will eventually be in a museum in Oklahoma. I'll keep ya posted. So I can stand the criticism. Tell me High or low on the purchase. It went for more than my initial estimate but so did 36 Ford Cabriolet, $55K and the 07 that was actually an 09 Jewel, $27.5K.

I had the Buick At $15+- a couple grand

36 Ford at $30 +- a couple grand

07/09 Jewel $25+- a couple grand

At that price depending on how it was mechanically it was a reasonable price. You will find many more D45s. Not so with D-55s. Not that I could afford it. Terry had been working with me about an E-45 near him. Still over 1,200 miles away.

Today I looked at a 1927-24 Roadster. "Barn find" with a 60 year old fix up restoration requiring a total re-do. Only 25 miles away. Too much work and not enough room to do it right.