spark plugs

Just trying to m ake sure I am using the correct plugs. When I purchased the car , it had Lodge BBL spark plugs . Put in another spark plug. The new one is C87. The manual says the plug should be AC86. The car is a little harder to start and when warm, after 15 minutes being stopped, I need to use the choke to start. I am wondering ig I should use the old Lodge plugs, as maybe the C87 is the wrong type. The engine runs quite well and does not soke or use oil. Thanks

Green Spark Plugs in England lists several alternatives for the Lodge BBL.  I have bought several items from them for my 1962 Triumph TR4 and the shipping was very reasonable.

First go to there website at    http://www.gsparkplug.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Lodge+BBL  then click on "Alternatives" shown below the spark plug picture.  

You can also click on the spark plug pictures and then click on the Additional Info tab to view the specifications on the spark plug.

The Denso plugs just show a generic plug picture, which does not look like the actual plugs.

You can also do a Google search of the Alternative numbers to find other suppliers.

Edited by Vila (see edit history)