PayPal

Guest Kingsley

Guest Kingsley

I recently had a conversation with a Reatta owner who had purchased some parts and had issues with the seller .He had  paid through PayPal and I reminded him that he had a 180 day time frame in which to contest the matter.

Fortunately, he had about 15 days left in that time frame and he will now move to recover some $500 to $600 that is apparently owed him.  Sometimes PayPal will not be overly cooperative and one has to be very persistent and aggressive to make your point.

PayPal is a very popular method of payment and parts buyers should bear  the 180 day time frame in mind should they have any problems.

Kingsley

Reatta Specialty Parts

Edited by Kingsley (see edit history)

Another feature to be aware of, but not PayPal's fault. Do not take a payment through them that the buyer uses an AmEx card on. Ask me about a $2800.00 hit I took. Specify no AmEx payments allowed. BTW, a PayPal customer service rep. explained the danger after the fact when I attempted to dispute the dispute. AmEx sucks.

I recently had an issue with a supplier of parts. I wasn't getting a response via their web site about shipment on an order I placed and the elapsed time seemed excessive. It was then I noticed that PayPal has a BETA of a conflict resolution center. I decided to try it out.

Long story short. I believe that going that route "inspired" the supplier to get moving. I recievd my part and didn't have to escalate the action from initial communications.

Just my 2cents.

John F.

Edited by Machiner 55 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Guest PontiacDude210

true but the ease of use has made me buy stuff i otherwise wouldn't have bought.no filling out a page of name address ect.plus its safer.

I second that. I wouldn't buy anything from a private seller or shoddy website without PayPal. No way am I sending a private individual my CC info, and sending a MO takes forever and a day. I try to send a couple extra bucks to cover fees for sellers I work with a lot, because buyers have done it for me before. I buy and sell Rx7 parts quite a bit lately, and doing so without PayPal, would've been so much more hassle.

Guest Kingsley

The points raised in all of the preceding posts would tend to put an emphasis on knowing and vetting your Reatta parts vendors.  An excellent  first step would be to make sure that they are recognized in the Reatta Resource section of this Forum.

Kingsley

Reatta Specialty Parts

With everyone in love with ebay ( :() I read in the paper that they are not doing well.

Here is from the Wall Street Journal.  "The San Jose, Calif., online marketplace on Wednesday reported $2.32 billion in sales in the fourth quarter, virtually flat with a year earlier and the fourth straight quarter without growth. Profit dropped by more than half to $477 million."

They also no longer own PayPal and sold their interest in Craigslist.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

With so many new on line sellers, it took away some of their sales.

How many choices do you have to sell/buy auto parts other than Craigslist, & EBay.

I have purchased nearly 200 items from EBay not a single issue, but I don't buy watches.

Sales flat against last year isn't the end of the world, lots of good companies had same results.

Dale in Indy

• Like 2