2nd Gen. New Rear Quarter glass trim?

PWB

All,

I found a complete rear quarter glass trim (with chrome!) for '67 to '69 Camaro/Firebirds here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quarter-Window-Vertical-Sash-Chrome-14pc-w-Seals-UJambs-67-68-69-Camaro-Firebird-/151716549780?hash=item235302d494:g:BtoAAOSwpDdVgJnm&vxp=mtr

It looks SO similar to 2nd Gen. Riv trim. Does anyone know if this is compatible to a Riv?

Thanks

post-155663-0-91827400-1450190757_thumb.

While they do look similar, the GM originals have different part numbers and they most likely will not fit your Riviera.

Occasionally you do get lucky, and find similar items from other GM model years that will fit.

As Randy says "sometimes you're lucky."  In this case you're looking at two different sized cars. If you've ever been in both the back seat of a Camaro and a Riviera, you can tell right away what a difference there is.  Usually the interchangeable items have to do with corporate items, like windshields.

The metal portion is not reproduced as far as I know, so your best bet is 'good used' from a parts car.

I think they are the same for all 2nd generation cars, so there are a lot of used sources available in various condition. 

The rubber strip seals are reproduced, as are the door pillar seals from various sources.

The steel used for the metal trim piece is prone to rusting, and the chrome plating did not stand the test of time either.

You might try a 'parts wanted' post here, or over on v8buick.com 

Gotcha'  I looked at the picture of the Camaro strips that he posted.  He needs the seal between the door glass and the rear quarter window.  If the chrome pieces are still in good shape, then any rubber the correct length with the correct profile could be slipped into the old chrome.  On some of the first generation cars I've parted, I've seen various profiles for the rubber strip.