temp gauge

panelbeater1234

Hard to answer without knowing what its for, but you will find (if its an original your after) that they are all model specific (might go for a few years on the early ones, 30s, 40s)

Thing is, they are sealed with mercury inside (from memory) at a specific amount, so if it broke, you will be lucky to get it repaired

Being in Australia, most of this sort of stuff for me means a daily troll of ebay until something turns up and if its old, then you grab whatever comes up quick before someone else does

You have to be a vulture :)

If its an aftermarket one, then it might be easier

Good luck with your search

Mick

• 3 weeks later...

I needed mine rebuilt also. checked Hemmings (services) and was told they don't do filled sensors. But they did give me the name of a shop that does do it. My gauges are there now and he hasn't started them yet. So I am reluctant to recommend until i get them back. If you send me private email, I will give you the info. dixchief@gmail.com

Dick

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dbalfisto

NAPA sells a generic guage. 10 years ago I used th process Todd (Ply33) outlined matching the new bulb to my vintage guage It went flawlessly, I then checked accuracy with hot water and a candy thermometer as a reference, it was within 5%. I was extremely pleased