1937 Packard Twelve Pin Stripe Color

dpeeler

Does anyone know what the paint formula was for "Flake White" pin stripping on the '37 Senior cars? I'd planned to use this (per factory "specs") on the Centennial Blue body color and I have yet to see the flake white stripping on a car. Even color photos would be helpful if you had them. Thanks! David

I would love to know this as well, I have a '37 12 that is freshly painted, needs striping. What is the absolute correct, factory placement of striping? as far as I know the "arrow" going forward on the hood and the wheels receive striping. 

Someone mentioned the color "straw" would be somewhat like "Flake white"?

Thanks Dave, i was guessing it would need to be a brighter shade against the blue but wasn't sure. As to John's question on factory placement of striping, are there any original cars out there with striping that could be photographed and used as a guide? 

I owned a 1937 Super 8 limousine that was an original ca in all aspects that I had mechanically restored. I bought it in 1999 from the estate of Charlie Nash of Waterville, NY. The car was ordered new for brewer F.X. Matt. of Utica, NY (Utica Club beer). That car was Centennial blue and had a light blue pin stripe (printers would refer to this as reflex blue) - very fine stripe (most cars I see restored today have the pin stripe to wide) on the body, fender bead, wheels. I loved the car but found the front seat back to vertical (due to the division window) and uncomfortable to drive for that reason ,so sold it to a friend. The paint was weathered (lots of fine cracking) but a subsiquent owner wanted a shiny non cracked finish so had the whole car repainted. It was a cover car/story for the CCCA magazine about a decade or so ago.

• 2 months later...