chrysler convertible CD 1931

Guest Douillard frederic

Guest Douillard frederic

i have the project to restore this car but i am looking for top bow, speedometer, and seats  and other parts for engine.

all informations about this so beautiful car will be welcome

Welcome to the forum.

We are a visual lot. We like photos! Up to about 2000 x 2000 pixels works on this site.

Specific questions are better than asking for "information". At this stage we don't know what you know or the resources or skills you have available.  :)  We are very willing to help where we can.

Guest Douillard frederic

Spinneyhill,

Thanks for your reply

I have already restored a 1931 Citroen C4 cabriolet and B12 Citroen Torpedo . Now I project to buy and restore the 1931 Chrysler roadster . The seller sent me photos. the car seems to be in good condition even if the running board are  strongly rusty. Idem  with the floor. All the saddlery is missing.(front  and back seat, door panels). But the big problem is that the top bow is missing too. The dashboard is injured because something was pulled out of it ( speedometer?)  The engine turn freely but have  to be restart .

in fact , before to buy this car i would like to know  if its possible to find spare parts for this car. Speedometer; top bow, seat (model) , engine spare parts like joints, sparks plug, igniting device,...

I have ridden the forum topics by Gunsmoke and its seems that is not easy to find spare parts for this car, even if you are living in USA. So, Imagine  living in France.

waiting to hear from you

post-108496-0-87622300-1448199700_thumb.post-108496-0-38013400-1448199714_thumb.post-108496-0-70226100-1448199732_thumb.post-108496-0-92232500-1448199763_thumb.post-108496-0-59552200-1448199787_thumb.post-108496-0-52299100-1448199817_thumb.I wish I had your problem! A seat and speedometer should be able to be found (if not, a close to suitable white faced electronic 3" reproduction are available if you are not a purist). Points, plugs, and other engine electronics are available.

I recently got a seat from a '32 Dodge Coupe (thanks to Rob) and modified it slightly to suit my roadster. The seatback and bottom fit nicely, both will be fixed in place with no adjustment. The coupe side supports had to be removed as well as the bottom wood frame, and the wood back support reduced in width slightly. Top of wood back also had to be reshaped to follow curve of rear deck. All will be covered with leather (salvaged from an excellent used sofa, nice patina). The Roadster originally I understand had a fixed bottom bench and a split back with driver side adjustable, but I am not planning on doing that, does not seem necessary.  Will be " one size fits all". 

As for a top bow, these cab be easily made with a steam box, I will be making 2 for my roadster if I decide to put a top on car. Current plan is to finish as a fully open car, used primarily in good weather, may make a tonneau cover. Good luck with your decision, these are finely made cars.

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)

Gunsmoke,

Even in it's current condition I love the looks of your roadster. That body with curving top of the doors and that long hood are just terrific. I'm curious about your Dodge seat. My 32 DL sedan has an all steal front seat with the exception of the seat bottom which is wood. It appears the coupe may have been different.