What happened to the ZDDP?

Guest Straight eight

Guest Straight eight

Looks like the ZDDP is being reduced and a few places are continuing to provide enough to  help out our valve-in-head power plants.  One such business known as Brad Penn is doing just that.  They are the place with the GREEN OIL. and are providing plenty of ZDDP.  Has anybody heard of these folks?

Looks like they were part of Kendall OIl, the 2000 mile oil.  I have heard about Kendall, but wonder if anyone has heard of this pure Pennsylvania Grade oil.  I am thinking of changing from Rotella as they are shifting the ZDDP values around.

Looks like the ZDDP is being reduced and a few places are continuing to provide enough to  help out our valve-in-head power plants.  One such business known as Brad Penn is doing just that.  They are the place with the GREEN OIL. and are providing plenty of ZDDP.  Has anybody heard of these folks?

Looks like they were part of Kendall OIl, the 2000 mile oil.  I have heard about Kendall, but wonder if anyone has heard of this pure Pennsylvania Grade oil.  I am thinking of changing from Rotella as they are shifting the ZDDP values around.

I use 15-40 CLASSIC CAR MOTOR OIL in my 38 which has 1600 ppm of zinc as ZDDP in it.  Their website is www.classiccarmotoroil.com  Their phone # 317 225 0040

Don't know what the availability is like over there, but we run Penrite oils in our 26

They have a number of blends specifically for older vehicles, as well as steam cylinder oil and some of the other oil variants you need

http://www.penriteoil.com.au/tech_pdfs_new/VVC_Brochure.pdf

Edited by hidden_hunter (see edit history)