1938 Radio Image?

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have a '38 Plymouth with factory radio? I need an image of how/where the radio box mounts under the dash.

Thanks, Greg

Well, I'm sure I can fabricate something that will work. I'm just wondering, for orientation purposes, if the holes for those brackets already exist in my firewall or were they drilled as necessary when the radio option was chosen?

Greg,

You're welcome to take a drive over to Colton and check out my 37 Dodge limo. The limo has a factory radio with the same mounting and as you can see in hwellens pics there is a bracket that mounts on the inside of the firewall that the radio box hangs from.  Also have the all original 38 Plymouth coupe you can check out while you're there.

post-137812-0-74000500-1441988186_thumb.

Edited by dpcdfan (see edit history)

See attached pictures. May be of some help.

Excellent images, thanks! I can check my firewall to see if there are already holes there. I had thought it fit more towards the passenger side but this really helps.

Greg,

You're welcome to take a drive over to Colton and check out my 37 Dodge limo. The limo has a factory radio with the same mounting and as you can see in hwellens pics there is a bracket that mounts on the inside of the firewall that the radio box hangs from.  Also have the all original 38 Plymouth coupe you can check out while you're there.

I would LOVE to check out that little Plymouth! I'm not that far away from you so next time I'm headed west I'll make arrangements to swing by. Thanks for the invite.

Greg

• 2 years later...

Recently purchased a 1938 Plymouth which was pretty much disassembled, by the previous owner who was in the restoration process when he passed away. Any photos of the original firewall, as well as various pictures of the original engine bay.  also some pictures of the frame without the body installed would greatly be appreciated.

50 minutes ago, Rondo said:

Recently purchased a 1938 Plymouth which was pretty much disassembled, by the previous owner who was in the restoration process when he passed away. Any photos of the original firewall, as well as various pictures of the original engine bay.  also some pictures of the frame without the body installed would greatly be appreciated.

You may want to start your own post about your car. Your request may get lost here.