Old Car Festival - Greenfield Village/Henry Ford Museum this weekend

Larry Schramm

This weekend September 12 & 13th is the Old Car Festival at Greenfield Village in Dearborn, Mi. (Detroit area)

If you like brass & nickel era cars this is the place to be.  Vehicles are limited to 1932 and older vehicles only. What makes this a neat event is that the vehicles are allowed to drive through the village during the day and as darkness approaches they have the cars driving through the village with their lights on.  Like stepping back in time before halogen/ LED/ sealed beam lights were invented.

The number and variety is overwhelming.  I believe there will be about 1,000 entries.

Here is a link to the show information.  http://www.thehenryford.org/events/oldCarFestival.aspx

If you come, look me up as I will be there with the truck.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

Had a great time this weekend. Drove the truck almost all day both Saturday and Sunday giving family and friends rides through the village.

I was told that there were about 1,000 pre 1932 vehicles at the show. 

The car driving though the village made for a special day at the village with the sighs and smells of old cars in the air all day long.

• Like 1

The Greenfield Village Old Car Festival was a super show show this year, and all the wonderful cars and trucks driving around made it all the more so.

Here's a shot I snapped there while walking around with my family and then converted to black & white...an authentic 1920s traffic jam!

post-76738-0-12135500-1442200135_thumb.j

• Like 1

The Greenfield Village Old Car Festival was a super show show this year, and all the wonderful cars and trucks driving around made it all the more so.

Here's a shot I snapped there while walking around with my family and then converted to black & white...an authentic 1920s traffic jam!

Now really, where did you get the picture??? Not this years Old Car Festival.