1964 Wildcat Parts

64_wildcat

Hi everyone Just joined the forum. I am from Illinois and I am looking for a first car and I stumbled upon a 1964 Wildcat 2 door my question is where would be a good place for parts. 

Thank you 

This is the car:
00e0e_1VX5iWl9XdJ_600x450.jpg
00G0G_ai7Xt4nIjey_600x450.jpg
00I0I_8zCzoy3r0hC_600x450.jpg

That depends on what parts. Most mechanical stuff is available at a good quality auto parts store. Most body trim can be found amongst the Buick community found in the Buick Club of America www.bca.org. most body pannels are not premade and will require some searching. Interior parts are also less available unless its somthing like a headliner or carpet set.

What does the car need?

That depends on what parts. Most mechanical stuff is available at a good quality auto parts store. Most body trim can be found amongst the Buick community found in the Buick Club of America www.bca.org. most body pannels are not premade and will require some searching. Interior parts are also less available unless its somthing like a headliner or carpet set.

What does the car need?

What does the car need?

I am not entirely sure because I have not seen it yet but what I would be looking for specifically is floor and trunk pans and quarter panels and fenders.  

I'd advise you to first do a Google search.  I did one using '1964 buick wildcat floor pan' and got quite a few hits.  Some are on eBay, some are from distributors, and some are directly from the manufacturer.  Full sized Buicks do not have the after market support that the 'Cudas, Mustangs, and Camaros do, so you'll have to do some real digging to find some of the parts you want.  There are a couple of big "desert" salvage yards that have an abundance of old tin; CTC Auto Ranch in Texas, and Desert Valley Auto Parts in AZ.  You can usually find lots of parts in the monthly issue of Hemmings Motor News.  Part of the fun of owning a Buick is the hunt for the parts.  Many people to meet and many places to go.  Enjoy the trip as well as the destination.

Get the car running and make sure it's in good mechanical shape before starting on the body.  Finding someone to overhaul a "nailhead" is hard and parts are not cheap.  Ask other Wildcat owners what to look for and where to look for it - I'm talking about rust.  You should also gather as much literature and as many pictures of other Wildcats as you can put your hands on so you'll have a really good idea as to what you're missing and where you want to go with the car.   Are you trying to flip it, make a driver out of it, or take it back to showroom original?

Does your car have a bench seat with column shift or bucket seats with a console.  The LeSabre for the same year is basically the same body, the trim is what makes the Wildcat different. 

Good luck and keep us posted.

• 1 month later...