Firing order '28 truck

Seldenguy

I'm helping a friend get his 1928 Pierce Arrow heavy duty dump truck running. The firing order for the 4 cylinder engine escapes both of us. He has been searching for an owners manual or any information to get this basic info for many months with no success. If can anyone can assist or help him it would be much appreciated. It is a "T" head with dual ignition, one plug over each intake and exhaust valve. Thank you! --Bob.

Mike , We switched a couple of plug wires from one side to the other, then Frank got it running on the priming cups, but not the carb. Further inspection found a mouse nest in side the carb's air horn. He is working on that now. I didn't mention in my earlier post that it is a three ton model. He wants to have it ready for the truck show this week end in York Pa.,and Jim Sandoro would also like it at the big Pierce meet in Buffalo coming up. When he gets the carb back together this afternoon I'm sure it will run. He will place that firing order info where he can find it. --Bob--

Hi Bob,  I have a 26  2 ton XA model pierce truck, i'll check it out at work tomorrow to see if the firing order is stamped anywhere? or in the manual I have for it, its a dual ignition engine, I believe the 2 and 3 ton pierce arrow trucks had the same size engine, then the 4 and 5 ton models used the larger engine,  don't suppose your friend has a spare carburetor? to sell?  I am missing one and the gearstick plus cover that holds it to the selector box, appreciate it if you could ask him please, would be great to see some pictures of that 28 truck, cheers mike.

Hi Mike, I just left him with his problems. Something twisted off in the carb when he was dismantling it to clean. He now needs to repair that part. No, he does not have any spare parts for the truck or engine, but is always looking. It seems like the truck is somewhat scarce. I believe you are right in saying the two ton and three ton used the same 4 cyl. engine. Would it be possible to have the owners manual you have copied for him? I would be happy to reimburse you your costs. Thanks!  --Bob

Hi Bob, the manual I've got is pretty basic but I don't mind getting a copy made for your mate, it covers models from 2 ton to 5 ton and has a few pictures/diagrams etc, mainly focuses on lubrication points like most of these manuals from this period, just PM me an address you want me to send the manual to, dont worry about costs, as it wont cost much really, hopefully it will be of some use,

had a look at my truck engine today, couldn't find a firing order on it, mike.