Images are Over-Sized

The AACA website has been revised and now images included with posts are oversized. I checked under "My Settings", but did not see anything to reduce image size when opened. How can I correct so that images are not over-sized when opened?

For several months now, I've had to re-size pictures taken with my camera because the "old" AACA Forum would reject the pix as being too large.  After fiddling about, I discovered a way to re-size the pix using one of my Windows programs.  It would be nice if the "new" forum was able to include some sort of a photo re-sizing routine to simplify the process.

Peter,

Whatever the photo size used in the "old" forum seemed to be "just right" to me.  I don't recall what the size was, but it was small enough to process quickly, fit on the "photo page" and was large enough to show detail.

I'm sure you can handle all this in your spare time ;) .

Cheers,

Grog

P.S.  I like the new "emoticons" much better than the old ones.

When I go to the old postings the pictures that were just right have been blown up so I only can view about 25 per cent of the picture without scrolling and I think it is cropping out some detail in the resize ..... any way we can view those pictures properly ???

• Like 1

Peter,

I've see the small thumbnails which was part of the first conversion and threads that had originally been posted with a moderately sized were reduced to the thumbnails. The next change that occured exploded the photo's to their max size and those photos where they were loaded as a supersized but showed up as an attachment now showed their loaded size and ran off the screens in a number of posts. 

I see we have reverted back to the small thimbnails this afternoon/evening. I was looking at Barry Wolk's posts a short while ago in his 1942 Lincoln Zephyr thread in the restoration section, they were posted around 5:30 this afternoon, and noticed that his posted photos are what I expected to see return for all things. Maybe there is no happy medium? Scott...

I'm sticking with the thumbnails.

I can't make everyone happy... so i'll make it do what "I" want it to do.

If you want to see the larger image then click on the thumbnail. You can then scroll through the images in the post if you want.

I'm sticking with the thumbnails.

I can't make everyone happy... so i'll make it do what "I" want it to do.

If you want to see the larger image then click on the thumbnail. You can then scroll through the images in the post if you want.

Peter, I was only posting a history and what has transpired, I sure was not stiring anything up here. You cold have ended your reply with your first sentence of the reply, after all I noted maybe there was no happy medium. I know that you've been thru a lot and hope that it is slowing down some for you. Scott...

Sorry for the quality - I have no idea how to do a "Screen dump" - converted printscreen to word, printed and scanned. Top printscreen is forum entry, bottom printscreen is first photo double clicked on screen. Can provide numerous examples from old postings if you need.

IMG_zpsedthtakl.jpg

Sorry for the quality - I have no idea how to do a "Screen dump" - converted printscreen to word, printed and scanned. Top printscreen is forum entry, bottom printscreen is first photo double clicked on screen. Can provide numerous examples from old postings if you need.

IMG_zpsedthtakl.jpg

That is how it is suppose to look.

If you upload images directly to the forum (in the "more reply options" screen) then they will display as a series of thumbnails.

Click on a thumbnail and a larger image will appear.

You on the other hand posted an image from photobucket.com, then it displays full size.

OK, it's just you used to be able to view the whole picture without scrolling - now you can only view about 25 per cent of the picture on screen. Can I go back and edit these old posts with smaller pictures so they can be viewed in their entirety ?

OK, it's just you used to be able to view the whole picture without scrolling - now you can only view about 25 per cent of the picture on screen. Can I go back and edit these old posts with smaller pictures so they can be viewed in their entirety ?

It depends

If you are talking about images in general... it all depends on if they "attached" the photos to the forum, or simply linked to the photos from an external service like photo bucket.

You can certainly change your own photos, but obviously not someone elses.