Advice re dressing up hoses, etc ( 2nd gen)

rocky5517

I know I've seen this issue before, but am I going to cause damage to hoses ( A/C especially) P/S hose, even radiator hose, by applying something like Armorall, WD 40, silicone, etc?

Any thought re trying to dress up the dashboard?

How about the rear shelf?

Thanks

Sam from Jersey

Despite all the bad publicity I have been using ArmorAll on everything since I started driving in 1978 with no problems. They also make a natural finish detailer that doesn't leave as much shine as the original ArmorAll which be closer to original appearing. In anything but a judged show I like a little shine as it just brightens up the engine compartment overall making it more pleasing to look at......even though not technically correct.

Not sure which part of the dash you are referring to Sam.

Depending on current condition of the rear package shelf, if it can't be scrubbed and cleaned up you could pull it out and paint it. Before I would paint it though it would need to be pretty dulled and sunbaked.

I repainted all the plastic interior trim - rear package shelf, seat trim, and backs, as my originals were pretty faded. The metal dash panel (upper & lower) was repainted with Krylon satin black. I found the best product for all the vinyl trim was 303 Protectant. For rubber components under the hood - a good scrubbing with soap 'n water followed up with a coating of Simonize tire spray foam, which renders a non-shiny rich black finish.