24" Firestone "B" Rims

alsfarms

Has anyone seen any of this type rim? I need a couple or even one that is rusted out on the bottom to use as a donor rim for rim stock. Help me look around. If you have information about specific trucks that use this rim type, it will help me on my search. Al

post-38570-143142934756_thumb.jpg

post-38570-143142934763_thumb.jpg

post-38570-143142934768_thumb.jpg

post-38570-143142934773_thumb.jpg

Hello Zeke, Do both of your bead rings slide, to effectively make them reversible? Firestone makes a slightly lighter duty rim that has a very similar appearance to the pictures above. Can you determine how wide your rim is, out to out? Would your rim facilitate a 35 x 5 tire? Do you have any spare rims or pieces of rim? Do you have any of the bead rings extra? How big is your Hudson? Thanks for your response. Al

Al

I will have to measure my rims. Maybe tomorrow. I simply don't know enough about old tire sizes to know if your tires will fit. A 34x41/2 and a 35 x 5 are both 25" tires. It is the width I don't know about. Coker Tire could tell you. I don't have any spare parts available. My Hudson is a 1923 Super Six four passenger touring car. The same rims were used on all Hudsons that year. Maybe 1922 also. I believe Hudson went to a balloon tire in 1924. I will reply about the width soon. Zeke.

Having taken a closer look at your photos and also looking at my Hudson, I figured out that our rims are very different. If I'm correct you have rims with a split ring which holds the tire on. Mine are split rims with a split across the width of the rim for tire removal. Not close at all. I'm sorry for the confusion. Maybe I should spend more time with my old cars and less time on the computer. Zeke

Hello Zeke,

Well thanks for taking the time to try and help me out on my Firestone rim needs. It would sure be easier for me if I did use a true split ring like is on your car. Oh well......I will keep looking. I know I will find what I need, it will just take some time.

Alan

• 3 years later...