1933 DP 6 cyl Waterpump

Guest towd

I was looking for an opinion on this water pump. You can see the back cover has rust/rot and two holes. One hole looks like it supposed to be there? Would like to just buy a rebuild kit if they are avail. Anyone have a spare rear cover they are looking to sell? Are the holes supposed to be there?

Am I correct that there is no water dist tube on my car

Thanks

post-103483-143142921665_thumb.jpg

Looks the same as the '33 PC and PD. Plate is easy to make with no more than simple hand tools but it will probably work as is (mine is in about that same condition). For rebuilding, the pump housing changed in '35 when they went to the full length water jacket and water distribution tube but the internals were the same for maybe a decade or more and rebuild kits are fairly easy to get. Or you can send it to Arthur Gould or maybe Antique Auto Parts Cellar to have it rebuild.

Another option I've seen done is to pick up a later pump ('35 and up) which are still being made and are available at places like NAPA and then create a custom backing plate to mate it to your block. The mounting holes are the same for '33 and up so that is pretty easy.