1936 Ace parts needed

RU22

I'll find a photo or two for you. Now it is in Winter storage. You'll have a hard time finding one. There aren't many left! It took me years to find one and when I did it took a long time to convince the seller that I was willing to pay his asking price........ no matter how many times I said "I WILL BUY IT!!" He just said WHAT???

post-62158-143142867518_thumb.jpg

It would be difficult to find a windshield gasket. That truck is as old as I am.

If you have the windshield out ,see if you can look for the best part of the rubber and make a slice showing the shape of the old gasket and compare it to some of the rubber windshield gaskets that are available now.

You can also get in contact with Jerry Kurtz , who restored a similar 1937 truck.

I am sure he remembers what he used.

He regularly posts here . I will try to get his contact info.

What engine does your truck have?

Some of the big trucks used Waukesha engines.

I have parts books for sale if you need one.

Jerry Kurtz posts here on the forum as jerezstude .

Do a search for this name on this forum

Robert Kapteyn

Edited by rbk (see edit history)

Thank you Mr Kapteyn

The PO fitted the screen with RTV. There is no "old" gasket They did restore and leave all the hardware for the screen.

I had heard that there are guys restoring these but I am not member of the Studebaker Club USA

We live in a wagon building area. The supply to the tourist industry in Europe. So many things are produced and stocked here. We have a 1915 IHC MW here and there is a man that makes solid rubber tires. There is a supplier of "Everything rubber" too. But it's no doubt cheaper to find what fits than make it.

Truck has a Commander motor. It's in OK shape but I have a postwar insert bearing motor.

The blue truck in the post #4 above I used to own! I bought it in the summer of 1981 at an auction in Welland, Illinois. I still have some original documentation on it. It looked nothing like it does now. It had a grain bed on it then. I just looked and found the photo below taken the day I purchased it. It was later restored in Iowa and the owners name at that time was Burt Hansen. RBK you should remember this truck as you were also at that auction.

post-30776-143142869775_thumb.jpg

I got the truck from Burt. As I said it took several call to convince him I WAS paying his price. He's "one of a kind" He just seemed to loose all interest in his collection. Since then we've moved back to the little Polish town my wife was born in.

I got the truck from Burt. As I said it took several call to convince him I WAS paying his price. He's "one of a kind" He just seemed to loose all interest in his collection. Since then we've moved back to the little Polish town my wife was born in.

Small world I guess! The original owner was Jimmy Zimmerman and he had a little Studebaker dealership in Welland from 1936-42. He got mad when he couldn't get any new cars after the war and dropped the franchise. He then sold farm equipment. His dealership building is still there and was for sale a few years ago. Seller was marketing it as a residence with apartments etc and advertised its Studebaker heritage. I have many photos of it I took back in the 70s.

The blue truck in the post #4 above I used to own! I bought it in the summer of 1981 at an auction in Welland, Illinois. I still have some original documentation on it. It looked nothing like it does now. It had a grain bed on it then. I just looked and found the photo below taken the day I purchased it. It was later restored in Iowa and the owners name at that time was Burt Hansen. RBK you should remember this truck as you were also at that auction.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]285023[/ATTACH]

I was there! I did not realise that is was that truck.

Robert Kapteyn

Jerry Kurtz is

5009 Bull Road

Dover, PA 17315-1726 Ph. (717) 308-1800 but any calls should be considerate of Eastern U.S. time zone.

As Bob indicated, Jerry restored his own COE Coca-Cola truck, seen at many National Meets, and is also a member of the "Bored" of Directors of the Antique Studebaker Club.