63 turn signal switch

riviadrian

Since I bought my 63 earlier this year, the right turn signal has worked fine, but the left just comes on but doesn't blink. All the bulbs have been replaced and light up. The shop manual adjustment did nothing so I removed the switch. Leaving it plugged in, sliding it back and forth, I get the same problem.

I assume the switch is bad, but before I hunt for a new one I thought I'd check here first for any repair possibilities or replacement options. Has anyone found a way to repair it or a good source for replacing this part?

Thanks everyone-

-Adrian-

Since I bought my 63 earlier this year, the right turn signal has worked fine, but the left just comes on but doesn't blink. All the bulbs have been replaced and light up. The shop manual adjustment did nothing so I removed the switch. Leaving it plugged in, sliding it back and forth, I get the same problem.

I assume the switch is bad, but before I hunt for a new one I thought I'd check here first for any repair possibilities or replacement options. Has anyone found a way to repair it or a good source for replacing this part?

Thanks everyone-

-Adrian-

Hi Adrian,

The switch can be disassembled and the contacts replaced if you have an extra switch for parts, etc...but what you state doesnt make much sense. If ALL the appropriate bulbs for the left signal function, drawing the appropriate current thru the flasher, then the flasher should function. It sounds like you have a flasher which is on the borderline and not reacting/functioning due to a very small difference in current draw between the left and right signal systems. Have you tried a new flasher? Checked to be sure all bulbs in the left side signal are lighting?

Tom Mooney

Hi Adrian,

The switch can be disassembled and the contacts replaced if you have an extra switch for parts, etc...but what you state doesnt make much sense. If ALL the appropriate bulbs for the left signal function, drawing the appropriate current thru the flasher, then the flasher should function. It sounds like you have a flasher which is on the borderline and not reacting/functioning due to a very small difference in current draw between the left and right signal systems. Have you tried a new flasher? Checked to be sure all bulbs in the left side signal are lighting?

Tom Mooney

Agreed....if all the lights light up and it doesn't blink it is the flasher. Sometimes flashers will work on one side and not the other.