Question on Lincoln V-12 K car emblems

Kimo

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know about the V-12 emblems that were used on the 1930s Lincoln K cars? My question is why are some perfectly flat and some slightly domed? Is it because the perfectly flat ones were used on the grille and the slightly domed ones were used on the centers of the wheels, or were the flat ones used one year and the slightly domed ones used in another year? Or ????

Below are photos of the fronts and backs of two of these that I have. The one on the left is slightly domed and the one on the right is perfectly flat.

Many thanks for anything that you can tell me!

031_zps2f887257.jpg032_zps6a782fb7.jpg

The flat one is definitely a repro. All the original Lincoln K emblems were convex. Someone made these back in the late 70's or 80's. I have a couple of the flat ones too that were given to me for free. They have zero value as they can't be used on a car.

The flat one is definitely a repro. All the original Lincoln K emblems were convex. Someone made these back in the late 70's or 80's. I have a couple of the flat ones too that were given to me for free. They have zero value as they can't be used on a car.

I would say that they at least have value as shelf art.

Thanks, you guys are the best! This is very helpful to know the flat one is a reproduction. It has some wear and patina and that was throwing me off. The convex one has far more patina, has a richer and deeper enameling and appears in all ways to be an original

Edited by Kimo (see edit history)