Best repro std doorpanels for Riviera 65

Guest KS-Competition

Guest KS-Competition

Hi

Does anybody know where to get a set of reproduction doorpanels, std type, for the 1965 Riviera in black.

What I have seen so far the only repro doorpanels are the custom type.

Thanks

Krister

Hi

Does anybody know where to get a set of reproduction doorpanels, std type, for the 1965 Riviera in black.

Thanks

Krister

Clark's Corvair Parts sells the standard 65 door panels as well as seat cover sets and wood kits.

Guest KS-Competition

As far as I can see the doorpanels from Clark´s are still there but they only do the wood option type, not the std version that I am searching for.

Guest dwhiteside64

Guest dwhiteside64
Actually on the 65 models the front door panels have a small wood section in the middle of the panel, but no wood on the rear side panels.

Thanks for clarifying that for me Sir!:cool:

The first two listing are for the board backing. I think either standard or custom vinyl can be applied to them

The last two listings are for the wood grain inserts - one for the custom and one for the standard panels.

Hi

Thanks

Krister

If you have the originals, an upholstery shop should be able to duplicate them for you. I'm not sure what they look like but your local shop should be able to do anything except doing electro seals. (as on the backs of the front seats)

If you have the originals, an upholstery shop should be able to duplicate them for you. I'm not sure what they look like but your local shop should be able to do anything except doing electro seals. (as on the backs of the front seats)

Ed, the base model door panels on a 65 have electro sealed pleats in the vinyl. I've seen a lot of people sew in the pleats with thread

and it looks nice but doesn't look correct.

Guest dwhiteside64
The first two listing are for the board backing. I think either standard or custom vinyl can be applied to them

The last two listings are for the wood grain inserts - one for the custom and one for the standard panels.

So the '65 always had interior wood inserts, no vinyl like in the previous years.

GOT IT!