Lincoln KB Series

Guest tommysgirl

Guest tommysgirl

Hoping someone will know if this Lincoln will be worth anything in the condition it is in and if not if there is anywhere we might find a door. :cool:

post-103318-143142733126_thumb.jpg

post-103318-14314273315_thumb.jpg

post-103318-143142733174_thumb.jpg

post-103318-143142733198_thumb.jpg

Looks like a 1932 or 33. Is the engine & front sheet metal there too? Unfortunately it would cost far more to restore that car than it would be worth done. You could probably buy a nice original 1932-33 Lincoln V 12 sedan for around 50K, and it would cost at least 150K to restore this one.

Guest tommysgirl

Thanks. The car belonged to my grandparents and was stored outside (very sad because of all the vandalism). I actually have a picture with the entire family posed beside the car. Was hoping to restore it if we were able to find a door.

The car is not worth restoring. However, because of what it is to you, it doesnt matter. You cannot buy what it represents. I would at least try to find what it would take to put back together.

First thing you need to do is try to determine exactly what body type it is. Model L puts the tag under the front seat. Start looking for any tag that will tell you what it is and what body company made it. Then, you can start looking for a door.

Edited by Linus Tremaine (see edit history)

The car is not worth restoring. However, because of what it is to you, it doesnt matter. You cannot buy what it represents. I would at least try to find what it would take to put back together.

First thing you need to do is try to determine exactly what body type it is. Model L puts the tag under the front seat. Start looking for any tag that will tell you what it is and what body company made it. Then, you can start looking for a door.

There are other ways to measure "worth" than monetarily. This car may well be worth restoring to the family and isn't that what this hobby is supposed to be about? I'm sure you'll be able to find a door but if your intent is to sell the car the presence or absence of that door will have little or no impact on its value. Beware the person who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.

I would think worst case is a door could be fabricated, correct? Admittedly I have no idea what that might cost but to Restorer's point it would be just a small part of the overall job. These are attractive cars and not super common in the world of Classics. Would be nice to see someone save it.