1988 Buick Reatta Rear Proportioner Valve Needed!!

Guest Brian Schan

Guest Brian Schan

Looking For Proportioner Valve ! The car is a 1988 Buick Reatta coup. The part is the Proportioner Valve located on the rear break lines tucked up above gas tank. Appreciate any help on finding one. :) Thanks

Do you have a valve in place at present? If so, what are the symptoms indicating the need for replacement? I just went through the same search because the valve looked extremely crusty on the outside but was pristine on the inside and was reused. The only way I was able to remove the fittings was to snap all of the connecting lines and remove the fittings in a vise. All rear lines were being replaced and I relocated the valve to a more accessible location clamped to the front of the crossmember.

Mine was very rusty. I used Evapo-Rust on mine, when removed let it soak for about 24 hours. Then I removed the pieces of lines and took it apart, all clean inside. I have just finished my line replacement and have no leaks. I am planning on posting some picture soon of the finished project. I plan on coating it with paint so it won't rust up again.

Guest Brian Schan

The valve is leaking affecting the break reliability, Just would like to have a replacement when I take it apart to be safe. Really appreciate all the comments and info. If anyone knows of one please message me. I would extremely thankful!