'50 Buick Front Bumper "Braces" What do the front ends of these brackets actually bolt to?

beerczar1976

Decided to finally finish putting the front bumper on my '50 Special this past weekend. What a job. Not difficult in the sense of putting it together, but it was very awkward trying to keep the whole assembly lifted up to the right height and then getting the bracket holes aligned on the frame horns under the engine bay. Just the actual face of the bumper was on the car once before but it was sitting weird. I pulled it and the brackets off the frame and bolted all the components together like I had seen the bumper installed in an old factory photo. Doing this helped keep everything squared up, and it now sits pretty level across the front of the car. One side used to sit too high. Spacing also looks pretty good that I should also be able to get the fender splash guards back behind the bumper and the face of the fenders now too.

As my question refers to, there are supposed to be almost elongated "S" shaped "Braces" that attach to the first of the 3 side holes of the main U-shaped bumper bracket. One on each side. The ends of these then end behind the front of the face of the bumper. However I couldn't really find anything that the bolt holes align to. The grille teeth bolt to the bumper face and to the "wing" on the bottom. The Turn Signal housings sit too far to the left and right to even contact the braces... My thought is the factory maybe just used them when lifting the bumper up to the frame of the car during assembly... I'm like 99% I'm not missing any components.

beerczar, they are about 6 or 8 inches long, right? Bolt holes at 90 degrees to each other. Large hole goes on the bracket bolt at the front of bumper bracket at front of frame . Smaller hole goes to the bolt holding the piece that ties all the "teeth" and the parking light housings together at the bottom back.

Ben