The end of a Buick

Bill Stoneberg

This is the obituary of a 2007 Buick LaCross.

We found my wife the proverbial "Little Old Lady" car a few years ago. Bought it cash from a 87 year old who had to stop driving.

Car had a little over 10,000 miles and we paid a little over a dollar a mile. The computer said the average speed was 14 mph.

We brought the car to Austin where we put another 30,000 miles till Saturday. The beautiful 2007 LaCross got hooked on a trailer hitch and was let go just in time to run into a light pole at a too fast rate of speed. Luckily nobody was hurt but I have no doubt the car will be totaled. Airbag deployed and saved my wife's face, subframe is broken, 2 flat tires and bent wheels and the oil pan is busted.

We emptied the car of all personal belongings today and took the following pictures. Thank God for the folks who invented the airbag, as without it, my wife would have been seriously hurt instead of just sore.

post-30710-143142587799_thumb.jpg

post-30710-143142587802_thumb.jpg

post-30710-143142587805_thumb.jpg

Guest BigDogDaddy

Wow ! I am sure glad that she is okay. If that was just this past Saturday, I hope she went to her doctor or hospital to get checked out. Around 1974 my parents were coming home in their 1967 Buick Special. While stopped at a red light. A drunk in a pick up truck slammed into them. The truck pushed the back bumper up so far, it was even with the back window. My mother ended up on the floor, under the dashboard. At the scene, she felt fine and refused medical attention. When she woke up the next morning, she could not move. We thought she was paralyzed. I don't remember the rest. But after seeing a doctor she was fine, and never had another issue related to the accident.

The point of my story is, always get checked out after an accident. It could a day or so later before the the injuries or problems arise.

Phil

Dee is a nurse and believes in Drs and nurses, so when they asked if she neede to go to the hospital, she will always say yes.

They hauled her off in an Ambulence and checked her out totally.

No probelms found but still watching her closely.

Whoa! I am also glad your wife was not seriously injured. How did the car get hooked on a tow hitch? Regardless, it does look super bad and I am sure it will be totaled. I loved my 06 La Crosse, and I am sure you will miss this one.

Thanks Dan and Mark....

Someone (not me) will have a parts car for sale or a body shop will buy it at auction and meld 2 cars into 1. In either case, it wont be mine and I dont want to drive it anymore.

I will take the insurance money and buy a newer unmolested car for Dee.

Guest Redwind89

post-36754-143142588802_thumb.jpg

Bill I have to say that, that looks very familiar to me. This was my 03 Regal LS that only have 67K mile when this happened back in Oct 2009. I took the picture of the seats to show the frame upheaval, when I parked it that night they were level because my girlfriend of the time, now my wife was going to be driving it the next day. The police, and firemen, and EMTs all agreed if I was in the car I would have been dead or paralyzed.

I am glad that Dee is okay, and good luck with the insurance company.

post-36754-143142588689_thumb.jpg

post-36754-14314258872_thumb.jpg

post-36754-143142588748_thumb.jpg

post-36754-143142588775_thumb.jpg

Guest my3buicks

I remember when that happen, time really passes quickly, I would never have guessed it was that long ago.