ROA Regional Meet 2014 - Bathurst NSW Downunder

fatbuick

A great weekend away with a total of 30 Rivs Downunder.

Bathurst is famous for the annual race which is on a public road on Mt Panorama. We all got to do a couple of laps which was interesting as we imagined the cars that go around the course at incredible speeds, compared with what we were allowed to do.

There were 9x 65 Rivs in attendance as you'll see in this small gallery I've uploaded.

That's more than any of us had ever seen in one location.

The local paper also did this article about the meet and particularly focused on the Show N Shine on Sunday.

http://www.westernadvocate.com.au/story/2309413/gallery-buick-riviera-show-and-shine/?cs=115

ENJOY!

Hi Tony - thanks for the pix - so cool to see those sleek Rivs in front of that beautiful old building in the early pix. And I noticed 'Maine' on the rear plate surround - Maine USA or is there a Maine down under? Keep the great pix coming! Much appreciated from San Diego CA/USA.

Always amazed at the great enthusiasm the folks Downunder have when it comes to Riviera shows. Thinking back of a few nationals here in the states that didn't have as many 65s! And they are going into winter time too! Looked like nice weather considering.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Don, Here's some info about the 79 Riv from the current owner Bob Caleo...

Hi Tony

The fellow I bought my 79 Riv from was John J Koutre of 2331 Rainbow Drive, Plover, Wisconsin USA. John was the third owner of the car. The original owner was a lady who owned the car for a few years, then passed it on to her son, who sold it to John Koutre. Hoping this helps.

Kindest regards, Bob

Guest clamshells

Thanks Tony! Great to see the interest alive and well in another country. More 65's in one place than I've ever seen too. Thanks for the pics!