'47 Motor and Trans for sale

Guest RWJ

Had the pleasure of meeting a gentleman today that has a 1947 Buick strait 8 motor and trans he is willing to sell. He has used the partial front clip of this car to power a hobby sawmill on his property in SW Virginia (I have been told this was a popular power plant for this use), but has replaced it with a more modern power plant. He is looking for some guidance on a reasonable asking price. I took several large format pictures that can be viewed @ http://1drv.ms/1rX9Ov3 We did not start it today, but the motor can be turned by hand and I was told it ran well before being replaced several years ago. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

I can't tell from the photos whether it is the big Roadmaster engine or the smaller 248 Super & Special engine. The data plate on the cowl would tell. The Roadmaster engine has the three-piece exhaust manifold and I can't quite tell if this one is three pieces or not. The larger engine would have a bit more value than the smaller one.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

I can't tell from the photos whether it is the big Roadmaster engine or the smaller 248 Super & Special engine.
The carb looks to be 3 bolt so its 248ci

Worth more as individual parts (engine, transmission, steering, hubs, etc) than it is as now