Showed up at cruise

Guest my3buicks

Guest my3buicks

This little beauty showed up at the huge local cruise last night and parked across from me. There us another fellow that gas a white conv and we are all fringing them and parking together next week weather permitting. Anyone ewe in the Pittsburgh area want to add to the mini Reatta meet?

post-30591-143142543779_thumb.jpg

ive never seen another reatta at a cruise in.
Same here. It gets old not having any other Reatta owners around to talk with. I'm considering getting rid of mine for that very reason. It's nice to have a unique car but not to the point that no one knows what it is. Kieth is lucky to have some other Reattas near him to get together with.

Whoa Ronnie,

I understand the desire to have other Reatta owners to comiserate with but even if it is a solitary pursuit, it is still worth doing. I hope you don't leave the fray just because there are no other Reatta enthusiasts for you to hang out with locally.

Have the same kind of problem here in STL though I have been in contact with a couple of local owners and am hoping to get at least a couple of others to join me at a local cruise night later in June.

Also have one guy (who is a mechanic himself no less) that I have been doing repairs for as I guess I have attained a reputation as something of an expert on Reattae here in town. This will be the third one not in my ownership that I've been hired to work on. He traded me new tires (mounted and balanced) and an alignment on my car to do electrical repairs on his. A very beneficial arrangement for us both as we can barter our respective expertise to useful ends.

Anyway, once initiated there is no escaping the Reatta syndicate. After all, you know the secret handshake and where the bodies are buried. No more of this blasphemous talk of getting rid of it, ok?

KDirk

Edited by KDirk (see edit history)

Guest Corvanti

agree with Kevin - Ronnie what are you thinking? having the only one or two in a multi-meet event is the way to spread the word. BTDT with my Studebakers over the last few years. :)

We took our '89 coupe to a cruise last Monday (Memorial Day) where a total of 73 cars showed up. FOUR of them were Reattas. Not bad!

But..........this is Genesee County, MI where more Reattas are on the road than any other place in the United States. I normally see four or five every week just while driving mine around town. We always wave and toot.

Bob

Guest Kitskaboodle

You know what Ronnie....you are looking at the gas tank half empty. I have been to many car shows and personally I gravitate towards the " odd lot", the obscure, the unusual, cars that are "not your typical run of the mill" variety. These are the cars worth checking out at a car show. The Reatta fits in this category. BORING is seeing the same cars over and over at a car show like Mustangs, Corvettes, Camaro's & Challengers.

Personally I LOVE being the only Reatta at a show. I just stand out all the more . :) And that is very beautiful to me . Kit

Ron,

So you sell your Reatta.

Then your web site falls into ruin because you're no longer interested in it .

Then your wife starts stepping on your nerves 'cause you got too much time on your hands with noth'n to do.

Then she steps on your last one.

Then your dog leaves.

Then what'cha gonna do?!!:confused:

John F.

Edited by Machiner 55 (see edit history)