Pandora channels for period music while driving?

1935Packard

When I drive my old cars, I like having period-appropriate music playing. I've found that an easy solution is a smartphone playing Pandora (the music app) connected to a battery-powered speaker (like this one). You just set Pandora on a channel that will play music from the right period, turn on the battery-powered speaker, and you'll get endless music that is more or less loud enough to play at speed with the top down.

I wonder, though, does anyone have any period-specific Pandora channels to recommend? I find that a lot of the channels vary in the time period they play. When I'm driving my '35, for example, I might set the Pandora channel to Glenn Miller channel to get music of the late 1930s and early 1940s. I get a decent amount of music from that period, but they also throw in some music of the 50s and some new recordings of Glenn Miller (and similar) music. I'd love to know if there are any channels on Pandora that are year-specific or period-specific, or ways of getting channels to act that way. Any ideas?

I have over 40 days of continuous music stored on a Classic iPod. Now I listen to any era music I want to for more than I can stand. I have a bout 36 hours of just music labeled "car songs", which are not songs for in the car but songs about cars.

post-30638-143142536491_thumb.jpg

I use XM satellite radio. Both in my car and the shop. A cost a little but I get what I want, no ads, very little talking, and the tunes I like. Nice thing is when the big Alabama/Tennessee game is on, which it always seems to be on the way either to or from Destin, FL for the fishing rodeo, why wife can listen to it.

I have over 40 days of continuous music stored on a Classic iPod. Now I listen to any era music I want to for more than I can stand. I have a bout 36 hours of just music labeled "car songs", which are not songs for in the car but songs about cars.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]250165[/ATTACH]

That's certainly one approach. I like the idea of new music piping in, though: It's more like actually listening to the radio in 19XX than it would be playing from an iPod. But either is great.