carburetion

trini

I like to hear from fellow enthusiasts which is the preferred of the 2 carburetors, Stromberg U X -2 or a Carter B. B. 1. to use in a 1928 Dodge Brothers Senior 6 cylinder engine #SE516141. Cheers mate and have a nice day.

Thank you keiser31 and 30hup for the advice. I have a BB1. The design is superior compared to the UX-2 . I like that adjustment needle at the lower back of the bowl. I used an adapter to bolt on to the manifold. Now I have to find an air cleaner. Cheers.

Thank you keiser31 and 30hup for the advice. I have a BB1. The design is superior compared to the UX-2 . I like that adjustment needle at the lower back of the bowl. I used an adapter to bolt on to the manifold. Now I have to find an air cleaner. Cheers.

I may have the one you need......

post-37352-143142537771_thumb.jpg

post-37352-14314253778_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142537789_thumb.jpg

Guest randyreatta

Call Alan Portman @ UREMCO...Schiller park, IL....847-378-2233....he has been rebuilding carbs in Chicagoland for 50 yrs. He will give you good advice. Thanks,randyreatta.

I may have the one you need......

Hey John, I thought you needed that ?

I probably would have sold it myself and made a good chunk on it if I would have known you were going to eventually sell it. I thought I was helping a Dodge Brother out :confused: :mad:

post-88407-143142542574_thumb.jpg

I probably would have sold it myself and made a good chunk on it if I would have known you were going to eventually sell it. I thought I was helping a Dodge Brother out :confused: :mad:

This is the reproduction U X - 2 Carburetor with the original air filter I wish to sell for cost The air cleaner is for free to the buyer. Cheers and have a nice day.

trini 905 889 0621 or hsahu@tcn.net

post-88407-143142542563_thumb.jpg

post-88407-143142542569_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]250688[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]250689[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]250690[/ATTACH]

This is the reproduction U X - 2 Carburetor with the original air filter I wish to sell for cost The air cleaner is for free to the buyer. Cheers and have a nice day.

trini 905 889 0621 or hsahu@tcn.net

Hey Trini, that's a good deal for someone. How much ?

Yes, Dave, I DO need it. I retracted my offer in an email to Trini. I had to check my stuff and when I did, I realized it was the one I still need. Sorry for the alarm going off for no reason. That is why I said, "I MAY have the one"....I have gotten others since you gave me the one you did. Actually, the one in the photos is NOT the one you gave me. I had just gotten that from Ebay.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Yes, Dave, I DO need it. I retracted my offer in an email to Trini. I had to check my stuff and when I did, I realized it was the one I still need. Sorry for the alarm going off for no reason. That is why I said, "I MAY have the one"....I have gotten others since you gave me the one you did. Actually, the one in the photos is NOT the one you gave me. I had just gotten that from Ebay.

I understand.

My apologies but I'm sure you know why I thought that.

Hi 30Dodge Panel, I want $16 hundred . I am not in the hobby for making money and not an Ebay fan. To prove the price is right go to Dodge Meyers and check the reproduction section. That is what I am asking plus shipping which should be about $50. I am not charging for the old carburetor I bought for $25 plus shipping for the parts to install in the new carburetor housing. The air filter is in excellent condition. A carburetor expert who writes in the forum offered me a carburetor for my D B for $5000. I think it was gold plated. I also have a rebuilt Stromberg UX 3 for sale. Total cost $900 plus shipping. It looks original. The person who sold it to me seems honest. (I did not buy it on Ebay) The owners manual for my DB says the UX-3 is the correct carburetor but I forgot to check the bolt pattern which is 2 and 3/4 inches, too wide so I had to go with the UX-2.