Wanted: 1940 to 1953 Buick Woodie Station Wagon.

48woodie

I have an unrestored 1949 Super Estate Wagon that I am storing for a friend. It runs & drives (but I would not want to drive it very far) and has the rather rare for 1949 3-speed standard shift, but it needs most of the tail gate wood reconstructed and maybe the rear corner posts, and it has a lot of rust (came from Minnesota). I have 3 good replacement fenders that go with it to replace the rusty ones. I think he wants high-teens for a price, but I will have to check to be sure, if you have interest. The car needs paint, upholstery, rechroming, floor repair, refinishing of the wood, some wood repair mentioned above, right rear door will not open, needs tires (though none of them are flat).

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Tx

A few hours later: NEVER MIND. He just gave me his "new" price and it is ridiculous. The car isn't worth $25-30,000.Sorry to get your hopes up.

Pete

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)

I have a 53 Super Estate Wagon I have been contemplating selling.

I would love to keep it, but as I get older, too many projects, not enough time!!

It is a solid wagon with very minimal front floor rust...actually the best I have seen for a long time as far as floor rust.

It needs all new wood, which I could produce, since I do that, or go elsewhere, either way.

But it needs a total restoration besides the wood.

I also have a 53 parts wagon for any extras that may be missing.

Contact me at:

mikesoldecars@yahoo.com

or call: 661 766 9141 anytime

I don't want to add pics of the 53 here (I need to take some!!), but I can send you some when I do.

I am in CA, about 2-3 hours NW of Los Angeles.

I have some other 1947-1953 Buick Woodies in various stages that you may be able to pry off me!!

The posted pics show some of them.

Cheers, Mike

post-79354-143142505728_thumb.jpg

post-79354-143142505737_thumb.jpg

post-79354-143142505745_thumb.jpg

post-79354-143142505751_thumb.jpg

post-79354-143142505758_thumb.jpg

post-79354-143142505765_thumb.jpg

post-79354-143142505774_thumb.jpg

post-79354-14314250578_thumb.jpg

No pockets at all, so no depth possible!!

And I'm in the middle of nowhere! California, as far away as is possible, but still in the US, kinda sorta!!

Well, I am sitting down already...pray tell us the price!!

And condition, please!

It all helps, especially if you follow up on its selling or not, if possible.

Thanks, Mike

Bump just means that he's putting a fresh post, so that if someone pulls up activity or new posts, then his post will be at the top.

BTT means "bump to top", same thing....

It looks to me like Mike who wants needs to be talking to Mike who has, surely there's a deal to be made there.......

• 2 weeks later...