Does the number of post you have on the DF bring you status or prove you like to BS?

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Hi all, Yes I know I am setting myself up with this one. But, does the post count mean anything other than you like to see yourself in cyberprint? SalG

I also resemble that remark....<P>In my case there is no status.<P>I like seeing the posts so I have an idea as to how new someone (other than Howard and his name changing) is to the DF.<P>I like talking to others about cars and really like to be able to help answer questions they might have. I feel this is the best way of keeping members (notbeing able to get help maskes you wonder about your fellow members interest) and also to help get new members by being the the "place" they can get answers or told were to they can get it.<P>Now,....if you ask my girlfriend. It's too much time for me to talk for the sake of talking, because I think I know more than everybody else, and like seeing it in the cyberworld. rolleyes.gif<p>[This message has been edited by novaman (edited 09-11-2000).]

Dave, ~ I like your idea for raising the count. Now let's see--- In a day or two using that approach I could get back up to where I was when I fell overboard.<P>novaman ~ My name changes are really the result of computer ineptitude not some well thought out plan to disguise my number of posts.<P>I'll admit it, I like to write. smile.gif Howard<BR>

SalG - the DF is just an extension of us gear heads BSing with each other at car shows, monthly meetings and every other type of car event. The DF just gives us the opportunity to BS 24/7. rolleyes.gif

My assumption has been that a Senior Member's vehicle(s) are completely finished.<P>A Member's vehicle is not quite finished, thus he/she does not have the time, yet, to make a lot of posts.<P>------------------<BR>heizmann<BR>senior member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DugsSin:<BR><B>Am I the only one who noticed that Dave's count stayed they same through his 12 post's?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The count only shows the total by that individual at the time you called up the thread. It'd be nice if we could get a number for each posting (i.e. this would be post 492/492, the previous posts above would've been 475-487/492, I think). That might help in calling up old threads for reference.

Rick:<P>Thank you. My TR-6 is about 98% finished, however, the balance of 2% is what I call "Hersheyizing".<P>You folks know the feeling. That's the fun of the hobby. They are never finished.<P>I was in the garage today with a 16 point "Hersheyizing" checklist to clean this, touch up that. After about 20 minutes my "Hersheyizing" list grew to 19 points.<P>Peter J.<P>------------------<BR>heizmann<BR>senior member