ohio antque car auction may 24/25

benjamin j

• 1 month later...

This is one day away. Saturday and Sunday cars on Saturday<st1:PersonName w:st="on">, </st1:PersonName>parts and things on Sunday.

Is anybody from this forum planning to go? I think I will be there early Saturday to look everything over and I may come back on Sunday if I see something I would like to have.

Guest Magoo
I see Willy's Knight is for sale. Willy always did have the nicest cars around.:rolleyes:

Ah yes, the roving apostrophe. Feckless possessives on the loose!

...A man who knew John North Willys personally once told me that although he pronounced his name "Willis," he didn't mind at all people calling the car "Willies." Whatever helped to put the name out in front of the public was fine with him.

Yes, I bought a 1950 Desoto for $350.00 and fifteen minutes later I had worked a deal with a couple of guys from Cincinnati to take the parts they wanted and I got the parts I wanted. It was a complete car but the frame was so far gone that the car spread apart when we were putting it on the trailer. There were tons of Mopar parts, Model A and Model T parts, none of which I needed. There was a 1952 Chevy Pumper fire truck that my wife liked a lot but I said we don't need it. I did end up with a lot of stuff, made some new friends, seen some old friends and had a nice day. The 1931 Willys Knight was awesome. I wish I was looking for another project right now but I have too many. It went for $5200.00