'50 Interior window/dash paint color?

beerczar1976

Prior owner repainted select interior window trim pieces. Haven't held them side by side to dash, which I think is original paint. I'd like to finish painting the other pieces he didn't do. I found on a paint site (paintref.com) that the original trim color was perhaps called "Dark Gray Poly". I couldn't quite make out the Ditzler color they showed on a chart...DL 30611 or DL 30811? The center digit is the questionable one. However, when I ran both of these numbers thru the internet, neither come out as existing or as Dark Gray Poly. I did see that Cloudmist Gray Poly DAL 30868, a 1951 exterior color, does seem to look about right...My '50 is one of the late production ones where some of the components were using the new '51 components so the '51 color could make sense. The 30868 comes up as a valid "purchasable" color. Shadetree had suggested I use Dupli-Color's Gunmetal Gray at one point. Still hadn't gotten around to it, but before I purchased was looking for more insight. I guess other option might be to bring in a piece of trim to a paint shop and have them run it thru their meter to match the paint. Could be better option as at least everything would match. Thoughts?

Still looking for front bumper guards and rear window lower reveal molding escutcheon!! :)

post-54093-143142356819_thumb.jpg

I have the same question regarding 55 Roadmasters. A member generously uploaded a dealer album but it makes no mention of interior paint colors. I think the area closest to the heater sliders and radio grill are the original color . Code 473. It happens to be very close(if not the same) as what I had the roof sprayed. Where would interior trim paint colors be listed?

Edited by Paul Falabella (see edit history)

My mistake, I actually found paint info. also on this site. http://www.autocolorlibrary.com/ You are correct, for 1955, their sheet doesn't list interior colors either. For 1950 they show a "supplemental bulletin" page that shows some updates as well as listing the interior colors. http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.aspx?image=1953-Buick-pg04.jpg 1950 Interior Colors were supposedly Light Gray Poly and Dark Gray Poly. Numbers are too fuzzy to read. They're listing a 30611 Dark Gray Poly for 1951 along with a Medium Gray Poly. I went thru picking each year; 1959 is the next year that they show an interior paint color page. The link I gave above lists Interior colors to '53. Paul, would they have used the same interior colors thru 55?