74 electra limited value?

Guest classic.car.fan

Guest classic.car.fan

im looking at buying one. what would be a fair price for this one? runs but needs some work. looks really good. but the front is damaged and needs new hood. headlights. bumper. grill. and a fender. other then that the car looks great. so what what would be a fair price for it?

A pic of the damage would be most helpful as well as that will determine cost for repair. Are we talking a dinged corner or damage requiring bumper, fender, grille, headlamp assembly etc etc?

It might help to figure out what the repair parts will cost delivered to your door then any costs you may incur to have the repairs made. For example unless you have access to a good parts car locally, it could cost you $600 to locate and have a bumper shipped. These cars just aren't in demand to bring any money and you can get upside down in parts vs value real quick. $500 is just about scrap value which I also think is a fair price especially this time of year unless the damage is very minor

Guest classic.car.fan
A pic of the damage would be most helpful as well as that will determine cost for repair. Are we talking a dinged corner or damage requiring bumper, fender, grille, headlamp assembly etc etc?

It might help to figure out what the repair parts will cost delivered to your door then any costs you may incur to have the repairs made. For example unless you have access to a good parts car locally, it could cost you $600 to locate and have a bumper shipped. These cars just aren't in demand to bring any money and you can get upside down in parts vs value real quick. $500 is just about scrap value which I also think is a fair price especially this time of year unless the damage is very minor

oh its more then a dinged corner. the damage is pretty bad. it needs all the parts you mentioned. plus some. to be honest the damage does not really bother me. i will fix it in time. i will not give the guy more then $600 for the car. i will try to get a pic of the damage.

Hard to imagine a lein on the title would be unpaid by this point. In NY one does not have to get a new Title when a lein is paid off, but merely keep the discharge letter ( lein release) from the lender as proof that it is satisfied. Then you send it in with the title when the car is purchased and the next title will be cleared of the lein. I have had some success getting lenders to provide the letter later on. But it is best if the current owner does the leg work on that. I would only give a deposit on the car and make sure the paperwork for that says it is fully refundable if the owner cannot secure the lein release in a specific amount of time ( like 60 days) .