tail light stand and bracket

R.White

I am looking for a 1920's DB tail light stand and bracket. I do not want to buy another tail light as I have two good ones already.

If I buy this one on Ebay I will be stuck with another light that will probably not sell over here and no one from the States will want either. Also there is the extra shipping/duty cost which is considerable.

Does anyone have a spare?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151166482955&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Ray.

Hi Pete, I've got a market stall where I sell Davey Crockett hats!:rolleyes:

Of course I don't !!

For the past 15 years my Wife and I have run a Licensed Boarding Cattery, here in the beautiful County of Derbyshire. We have a capacity for some 60 cats which we look after for people (for a small fee) when they take vacation. The accommodation is heated and modern and our guests want for nothing. It is not so much a job; more a way of life. We also have a smallholding with poultry but our main business is cats.

Jason was right, in a way, that I might seem to have plenty of cash. The only trouble is that although we operate all year round, this business is somewhat seasonal so all what we make in the Summer months has to see us through the Winter - hence my comment that we are short of cats now!

The tail light stand and bracket is now up to $113 plus $57 postage to the U.K. Add on duties and it begins to look pretty darn expensive. If I put my mind to it I could make a stand and bracket myself - but then it wouldn't be the same.

Ray.

No Pete, we keep all our hens, Geese and ducks separate. They are free range but are well away from the cattery on the other side of the house. The main thing is that we don't board dogs. We could make more money but it would upset the cats and also be a lot more work. Where we are we have a few acres of land but apart from a small paddock, it is all wooded hillside - attractive, but not productive. Apart from timber for our log stoves. We are too remote for gas but we do have oil C.H. so not exactly Hill Billies!

Ray.

Ray, I'm in the process of hooking up an old potbelly stove in barn to take the place of the kerosene heat. Prices keep going up on fuel, as you are well aware of. Luckily, I do have gas to the house, quite affordable too. I still use the original kitchen range installed in 1925 to take the place of the old wood/coal burner that was there. I hope I had it clean when I took the photo of it. I'm in a very old neighborhood, as you can see I took a shot out my front door sometime back on a sleepy, warm August afternoon. By the way.. I am searching for an extra tail light bracket around here for your Dodge. So far, I've found a couple that are similar, but not '25 Dodge.

post-84109-143142281238_thumb.jpg

post-84109-143142281252_thumb.jpg

Pete, those are simply brilliant photos to evoke a sense of antiquity. I'm impressed.

A few years ago, my wife insisted on having a new AGA (if you are familiar) which is an old fashioned enamelled cast iron range still being produced over here. My camera is not working but you could Google it if you like. These cookers are "iconic" and in my wife's world are something of a status symbol. The one we have is a 3 oven, 13 amp electric version but at 6K it is a serious waste of cash.

I can't cook. I could probably burn water.:o

Ray.

This is what I found.

It has m circle around it and 39 under it and in middle has an L .[ATTACH=CONFIG]223749[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]223750[/ATTACH]

That is a rear view mirror stand for a door of a truck, I believe. My '57 Chevy truck had a similar item on it.

post-37352-143142283931_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)