-63 power seat transmission

Guest Lasse

Hi guys,

After thoroughly cleaning and lubing the whole assembly I got my power seat moving. But only back and forth, not up - down. I diagnosed the problem being in the transmission solenoid, the other one is dead.

What are my options here? Does someone fix/sell solenoids for these or do I need to find a complete new tranny? And if so, is this a generic GM part or a Buick only thing?

Thanks in advance.

Lasse

Hi guys,

After thoroughly cleaning and lubing the whole assembly I got my power seat moving. But only back and forth, not up - down. I diagnosed the problem being in the transmission solenoid, the other one is dead.

What are my options here? Does someone fix/sell solenoids for these or do I need to find a complete new tranny? And if so, is this a generic GM part or a Buick only thing?

Thanks in advance.

Lasse

Lasse-

I agree with Don that they are probably the same across different GM divisions in that year.

If you have not already, read out the bad solenoid with a meter to confirm if it has continuity through it or not, before you assume it is bad.

The wires that pass through the door hinge area, between armrest and body, are known to break with time.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, the solenoid is bad. Need a new transmission, but I'm having a hard time finding a trail for one. Can anybody point me into some direction? Evil-bay seems empty, where would you look for a 4-way power seat tranny?

Thanks!