1931 Lasalle 7 pass. Fleetwood Touring Car for sale

I have one too many projects....well,if you were to talk to my wife, she'd say I had several too many! This one is a car that the previous owner had put over $50K into and wasn't done. Granted, he had been over charged by several shops but he'd gotten into his 80's and decided he wasn't ever going to finish it. He had the body removed, new wood made for the frame, body work done, primed painted and replaced on the car. He had most of the hardware plated at the cost of a bit over $18K done in 1990. He bought the second windshield and it's still in the crate. I'm assuming it was made by Don Summers as I don't know who else remakes them. There are 6 new white wall tires. The engine is a 1931 Lasalle but not the original engine as the build sheet from the engine shows that it was from a sedan. The engine is complete and turns. The tranny and engine are in the car but not connected to the drive shaft. The radiator shell was missing but I have put one of my spares on it. It's not plated. D&D in Providence quoted me $500 to plate it, so I'll take that off my asking price. The top irons are plated and in their own box. There is a front seat frame with bottom springs but no back or rear seat springs. I had new jump seat pans made and there is one set of springs and the seat hardware unplated. The guages are with the car but not restored. I have made a dash ring and am casting the lower trim "wings" that go with it. These are (or will be) plated. The shocks were removed, rebuilt and painted...just not reinstalled.

This car is one of 49 made and only three known at this time to exist which means that there is another one out there someplace! The same model car, one of the other three is used by Barret Jackson Auction Co. on their advertisements in the Sally Speaks magazine put out by the CLC. It's a handsome and rare car! Not many open cars much less a 7 passenger Touring car come up for sale. I'm asking $31,500 or best offer and can deliver it to Hershey next month. You can reach me at 413-234-0161 or at yachtflame@yahoo.com

Wayne

post-69957-14314220552_thumb.jpg

post-69957-143142205522_thumb.jpg

post-69957-143142205524_thumb.jpg

post-69957-143142205526_thumb.jpg

post-69957-143142205528_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...