KK donuts.....finally!

Had my first KK donut last week, WOW! Really great! Believe it or not the local Giant food store carries them now, along with Hess service sartions. Giant even discounts them a whopping 10% Imagine that in these days of financial woes. Just the "glazed" ones,at first, who knows how adventurious I'll get in the future! grin.gif" border="0

KK kicked off an anniversary celebration in Winston-Salem this week. Seems like it's the 70th? 1932-2002?<P>Try one of their Peaches'n'Cream filled doughnuts- they'll make you smack your mama! not that a Southern boy would ever do that...<p>[ 07-14-2002: Message edited by: rocketraider ]

Cecil - spoken like the true younger generation. If you have an older car, like in the '20s, they did not have tilt steering. So I guess the early KK enthusiasts used the after market accessory "fat man steering wheels" which were fairly common. cool.gif" border="0

Ron,<P>My 1930 Chrysler 77 has "Adjustable Steering", while it isn't tilt the steering column can be adjusted across about a 6" range. The caveat being that it is done by loosening nuts that are behind the instrument panel, moving the column up/down to the desired position and tightening the nuts up. Maybe Chrysler had KK thoughts early on! wink.gif" border="0<P>Rich

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shaffer

We have Krispy Kreme doughnuts here in NE Tennessee. There is a KK store. You can really smell them as you drive by if the window is down. There is not a Dunkin Doughnuts here anymore. There is a lady at work originally from Boston, MA and she has been looking for one here. Closest one was 22 miles away in the next city, but last I heard, it shut down. Someone mentioned "Giant" supermarket. We used to have one here, but another chain bought it out, as well as the local Piggly Wiggly market. Winn-Dixie market finally went out as well here locally. Kroger is still in business, but stores like Super-Wal-Mart and Food City are really putting them out of business. Gaint and Piggly Wiggly, is now it is called "Food City" and is actually, where I work (until I finish school) They are in east Tennessee, southwest Virginia and southeast Kentucky. I remember going in the "Giant" market when I was small back in the early 1980s. I vaguely remember the big rainbow looking thing on the front of the store. Do not know if all of them have this or not, but when you are a kid, things like this is neat. lol