Selling my '15 DB 30-35

Guest Idaho_Rick

Guest Idaho_Rick

Hi Folks. I'm thinking of selling my 1915 DB Touring and would like some guidance on pricing. It's fully restored, running and in beautiful condition. The body and engine numbers are in the correct range of each other, leading me to believe it's the original engine. Everyone I've talked to in the antique car community here has given wildly different prices so I'm hoping you folks might offer some insight. post-96111-143142165406_thumb.jpgIt needs a wash job since it's been in storage for a while, but other than that's she's ready to go. Any help is appreciated.

post-96111-143142165094_thumb.jpg

post-96111-143142165378_thumb.jpg

post-96111-143142165431_thumb.jpg

post-96111-143142165455_thumb.jpg

Hi Rick,

If possible, could you take the same set of photos but force the flash on on your camera to fill in detail? I do understand that it is tough to get shots inside of a trailer but using the flash will help immensely.

Also, can you grab some detail shots of engine, dash and running gear?

All of this will help folks here make value judgments about your car more easily.

Thanks! And good luck with the sale!

The probable reason you've had such wild differences in prices is the tricky world of early DB cars.

Most DB touring cars from '15 and up are great, dependable, OK looking vehicles which will bring, for a nice car, $8000 to $14,000, and maybe for an exceptional Senior First car a possible world record $20,000.......

THEN, there are the very few secret squirrel late 1914 production cars, identified by a lapped loblolly left hand screw on the right front plebius arm, that are the holy grail of the DB community. I of course made up the identifying feature because I don't know what it really is....but these cars bring higher dollars, and it's my understanding that there's only a handful of them out there....

It has to be a very low serial number to be worth maybe $30k plus.....

I once looked at a parts car that had an engine number, if I remember correctly, of A10..... And later wondered if it was a real early car or just a replacement block...

I just tried to look up the value on the NADA online classic vehicle guide. Apparently it's not a free listing anymore. Can someone maybe try this with more computer savvy than I? The guide used to show antique car values in 3 categories of condition. Thought it may help a bit.

Just a general comment. The online and printed price guides are all over the place, pricewise. If I could buy some of the early cars for the prices listed, on a consistent basis, my family would have a really nice beach house just like they've always wanted......from the profits...

But, it's a guide, however imperfect...

Guest Bill Miller

Rick,

I just sent you a private message. Here's a photo of our '15 DB taken 2 weeks after I bought it when I took it to the DB Club Moline IL meet.post-71207-143142171852_thumb.jpeg