Colors for 1928 Dodge Victory Six Coupe

AlfaTazio

Fellas,

Looks like I might be able to acquire a 1928 Coupe. Its been poorly repainted all black...I am going to change the body color to something else.

Now, would the cab section be the same body color, or a fender black color?

I am unsure of the original colors this car had...

Thanks for the help,

Jay

Thanks Ron and gundog,

My car would be a relatively early 1928, with the recessed, or tray headliner....I think the car would then be Brunswick Blue......now, if I could just find out that shade of blue....I had been looking through eBay ads for 1928 Dodge Victory six, and can find all the cars in color illustrations, with the exception of the Coupe, naturally.

Hi Jay. Being a Victory Six owner myself, welcome to the club. I would highly recommend getting the Victory Six cd from Meyers Early Dodge. It should help you with find out what would be the correct color for your car (or at least give you an idea of what it would be). Also, try TCP Global for paint. I had really good luck with them. They have an extensive library of the old colors, unfortunately not the formulas, but have a great laboratory that they are able to recreate the old colors relatively close. I've talked with them on the phone and they were super nice and easy to work with! Good luck and let us know if you have questions. This is a great group of people on here with a wealth of knowledge that is amazing!

Shannon

Thanks Shannon,

I see the Myers each year at Hershey, and expect to again this Oct. Thanks for the info on TCP Global.

I will be very pleased to access the wealth of knowledge here, as I am starting out at ground zero for the Dodges.

Oh, will be going to the Old Car Festival in Dearborn MI next weekend, should you happen to be there...

Jay