Source for cross over exhaust pipe 1938 v12

Beltfed

post-88682-143142148949_thumb.jpgThis is a pic looking down into the passenger side exhaust. This car has been equipped with a heater that uses hot air off the passenger exhaust right below the manifold. Don't know if it's original or an option. Anyway, I am unsure the cross over pipe being offered on eBay will fit as the one I took off doesn't look anything like the eBay one at the passenger side interface. Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]209553[/ATTACH]This is a pic looking down into the passenger side exhaust. This car has been equipped with a heater that uses hot air off the passenger exhaust right below the manifold. Don't know if it's original or an option. Anyway, I am unsure the cross over pipe being offered on eBay will fit as the one I took off doesn't look anything like the eBay one at the passenger side interface. Thanks

I bought mine from them also for my 39. Tell them your car has a Hot Air Heater and they can supply you with the correct crossover pipe. The crossover pipes are different .

CBoz, Thanks for the link. I now have the heater system and manifolds off for bead blasting and hi-temp factory gray coating by "Eastwood". I will post a pic when done. Also cleaning and replacing parts on the heater blower motor. This stuff must have had led a hard life as things like the oil-lite bearing wicks never got oiled and such.

I plan to replace all the manifold fasteners with brass ones with copper based anti-seize. Getting the studs out of the manifolds was quite a job.

Edited by Beltfed (see edit history)

I contacted a person on eBay about the crossover pipe with a heater. They do not sell it. Anybody got a clue where I might source this or do I have to make it, ugh. Thanks

I apologize if I gave you bad information about the crossover pipe -- I thought it was the same, but evidently not. I hope you find the part you are looking for.

No problem CBoz. What gets me is the crossover pipe for the heater type is much simpler than the other as all (at least my old one) it has is a male end that fits into the heater. The exhaust pipe collector flange (passenger side) shown in the eBay pics is not there so it would be much easier to make. Question...did all the Zephyrs come with this heater?

Guest 65Starfire

Well I can's say for 38 but my 39 does not have a (stock) heater. It has a 1939 South Wind Gasoline heater - scares the hell out of me but it looks cool...

I contacted a person on eBay about the crossover pipe with a heater. They do not sell it. Anybody got a clue where I might source this or do I have to make it, ugh. Thanks

The people I bought mine from on E bay were located in North Carolina. I will try to find a phone number for you.