CARAVAN TO 2014 PORTLAND NAT'L

Guest COMPACTBC

I am working on my 40 to get ready to drive to portland from spencer ma. I don't know wheather i will take the tour on the way out or wait for the trip home. ( last long trip for the old girl) can't wait to see the road.

H

Have a great BUICK day

(BUKE) FRANK

I am working on my 40 to get ready to drive to portland from spencer ma. I don't know wheather i will take the tour on the way out or wait for the trip home. ( last long trip for the old girl) can't wait to see the road.

H

Have a great BUICK day

(BUKE) FRANK

Frank, great for you!

I know that Gary Klecka plans to fly from Alaska to Chicago, where he keeps his '49 Super Sedanet, then drive the '49 out to Portland for the meet, then back to Chicago. I love to hear of these great road trips in the older Buicks.

Guest 4 bufords
Frank, great for you!

I know that Gary Klecka plans to fly from Alaska to Chicago, where he keeps his '49 Super Sedanet, then drive the '49 out to Portland for the meet, then back to Chicago. I love to hear of these great road trips in the older Buicks.

hey frank,let me know when you planning on going to Portland,might need a ride if my 62 isn't running up to par,4 bufords

hey frank,let me know when you planning on going to Portland,might need a ride if my 62 isn't running up to par,4 bufords

I will have room for you my brother in law backed out.but my friend ed is comeing can use the help. call me

Have a great BUICK day

Frank (Buke)

• 4 months later...

post-100613-143142578117_thumb.jpgCouple of points of interest along the way.... About 10 Miles north of Yreka @ Hwy 96 is the prettiest rest stop you will ever see. Beautiful spot for a picnic along the banks of the Klamath.

You might also want to stop at the Sundial Bridge in Redding... Nice park and botanical garden.

My schedule won't allow us to join the caravan - have fun and drive safe!

post-100613-143142578087_thumb.jpg

post-100613-143142578103_thumb.jpg

post-100613-143142578087_thumb.jpg

post-100613-143142578103_thumb.jpg

post-100613-143142578117_thumb.jpg

A little more local knowledge...

We just did this trip a couple of weeks ago. There has been MAJOR construction going on in Sacramento on 50/80. We cut over from 99 to 5 at 120 (you could also do it at 4 but 99 north of 120 also has a lot of construction going on). Then when we got to 80, 5 out of Sacramento was all screwed up from construction, so we took 80 west to the 80 bypass towards Tahoe and then picked up 5 again.

I use an iPhone ap called Gas Buddy for finding the best gas prices. The Costco and Safeway in Turlock are consistently the lowest price in the central valley.

One final note - 4 out of my 5 cars all have windshield chips, some of them for the second time, all picked up on 99 between 140 in Merced and 120 in Manteca.

Edited by Cz10 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

H

Have a great BUICK day

(BUKE) FRANK

I will have room for you my brother in law backed out.but my friend ed is comeing can use the help. call me

Have a great BUICK day

Frank (Buke)

So did you two get together and drive the 40 or 62 or? Would love to hear the stories if so.