1928 Dodge Victory Coupe infos

AlfaTazio

Hi, at the suggestion of another member, I am reposting this query to this forum....

I am currently looking at two 1928 Dodge Victory Coupes, and noticing differences between them...

One Coupe has 19 inch wooden wheels, with a recessed, or, tray ceiling headliner.

The other Coupe has 21 inch wooden wheels, smooth headliner, and a slightly larger body overall...yet both appear to be distinctly 1928 models.

What other differences or benefits would someone know off...

Would v. much like to locate a set of wire wheels for either car..

Thanks,

Jay

One is early and the other late, if memory serves me the tray or recessed headliner ( with the wood bows showing ) was the early, ( I may be waay off here, just going by memory and its not very good ) the larger would have been the later with the re-designed body. Dont have alot of time here now to get further into it, have to get to work but I am sure someone else will chime in.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

There was different series that dodge put out and would change in mid year.

For 1927/28 Series 2249, 128, and 129

Listed only for 1928 Series 130, 131, 2251, 2252, 140, and 141

For 1928/29 Series J, M, and S

There were a lot of changes made at Dodge from 1927-1930

Actually, I am aware of the two different body sizes, but....what is the wheel bolt hole dimension on the wooden spoked wheels?

Bill - sorry, no photos yet...

Jay

Lets give a Vic six owner a chance to answer this, if no reply I will find the info

Good Morning Guys,

I pulled out my Vic 6 books of info from JB and in the restoration book, there are notes of when the enlarged bodies where introduced into production. Mid June they started introducing the enlarged body on the deluxe sedans, July 1 they started introducing enlarges bodies on the coupes. I don't read anything about wheel sizes. I also did read somewhere in the book about differences in the ceilings of the cars also.

I do know the body of my Vic 6 Deluxe Sedan body is longer being built in the early 1929 model year. I have smaller rear quarter windows.

So, the guys are right. You probably have a 1928 model and possibly a 1929 model of the same car. My Vic 6 is titled right now as a 1928 but it is technically a 1929 model year car.

If you can get the VIN off the cars, I can look and see in my book about what time each car was made. That would tell the best way exactly what you are looking at.

Hope this helps! :)

Shannon

I can't find where my husband has the shop manual book. I will find out where it is and see if I can find the wheel info you are looking for. It's probably buried out in the garage! :eek: We've been remodeling a bathroom, so bare with me! I'll see what I can find today.

Shannon