65 rear quarter glass problem

RIVNIK

The rear quarter glass vertical sash channel (which holds the weather-strip between the front & rear side glass) has become detached from the glass on my 65. Fortunately it did so while in the up position. Any ideas on the best product to reattach it ? I don't want to have to fish it up from inside. The body manual doesn't mention it. Thanks, Drew

Guest REX STALLION

According to Rubber The Right Way, it`s called window sash filler @ $1.17 a foot. It comes in different thicknesses to suit glass size . I went to the local auto glass shop when I put in my new vent window, I believe it`s the same product for your application. It was cheap for them to do it ( I`m a frugal guy so when I say cheap...)

Rear quarter glass trim is usually held in place with a rubberized 'felt' strip that is inserted between the metal channel and the glass. The trim is a friction fit, and any access window 'felt' material that covers the glass is simply trimmed flush to the edge of the trim.

Check your local auto glass shop as a possible source for the window 'felt'.

Thanks for all the advice. Prior to the strip in question falling off, It had always been a source of aggravation. With the window up it sat exactly one tad too far forward, bringing the metal strip in contact with the door glass instead of the rubber. I assumed this was due to maladjustment and put off dealing with it by lowering the window a tad, which would bring it more or less into alignment. After pulling the old rubberized felt strip out and finding a harder rubbery surface under it at the bottom of the channel, I tested it for fit. It hugs the glass tightly, and when fully on brings the rubber weatherstrip into perfect alignment with the door glass. The one trip I made to a local auto glass installer was a fiasco. It was a huge warehouse depot for a fleet of mobile windshield installers, and after talking to two guys who had no idea what to recommend, I gave up and went to Autozone for a tube of 3M weatherstrip adhesive. I guess time will tell if it's strong enough. Drew