Tire Iron Location on First Gen Riv

Guest dwhiteside64

Guest dwhiteside64

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where the tire iron should be located? A pic or two could be helpful...

Thanks

That doesn't look right. I would have thought held down by the spare tire and jack base or held to the jack post with rubber straps. I think the term would be cavalier placement, you know, just drop it there.

Bernie

That doesn't look right. I would have thought held down by the spare tire and jack base or held to the jack post with rubber straps. I think the term would be cavalier placement, you know, just drop it there.

Bernie

I agree that this does not look very classy, but this is where I have found them and I have never seen anything to say the handle should go anywhere else.

My trunk mat has a depression where the handle has sat for a long, long time.

Guest dwhiteside64

Hi again,

Jim, is that a photo of a '63? If it is, I believe the spare tire for that year mounts on the right side of the trunck, as opposed to the '64 which mounts in the rear of the trunk. If this is true, maybe the tire holds the tire iron in place??? Just wondering if this could be true.

Hi again,

Jim, is that a photo of a '63? If it is, I believe the spare tire for that year mounts on the right side of the trunk, as opposed to the '64 which mounts in the rear of the trunk. If this is true, maybe the tire holds the tire iron in place??? Just wondering if this could be true.

Good question. That is a late-63, where they had moved the spare tire up to the shelf, like '64 and '65. I chose that picture because you can see the tire iron better with the tire not there. The spare tire blocks your view of the tire iron in my pictures of earlier cars. But the lug wrench, jack handle, tire iron is in the same spot, not under the tire.

Guest dwhiteside64

Thanks Jim that's great information. I gotta say this forum is very helpful indeed. Glad I found it! :cool:

Thanks Jim that's great information. I gotta say this forum is very helpful indeed. Glad I found it! :cool:

If you have not already, please join the ROA. That opens up a huge cache of additional Riviera information to you.

If you have joined, please add your name and ROA number to your signature line on the Forum. We would all like to get to know everyone else better.

Thanks...

Guest dwhiteside64

Thanks for the inventation to join the ROA. BTW, I checked my car and it indeed has an indentation in the trunk floor for the tire iron. Wouldn't have even noticed that if you didn't mention it. Thanks. ;)